CARDIAC REHABILITATION AND SECONDARY PREVENTION
Program Schedule and Other Services
Physician supervised cardiac rehabilitation exercise classes are scheduled:
at 10:15 to 11:15am and 4:00 to 5:00pm
at 12:00 to 1:00pm and 2:00 to 3:00pm and 5:00 to 6:00pm
at 12:00 to 1:00pm and 2:00 to 3:00pm
at 12:00 to 1:00pm and 2:00 to 3:00pm and 4:30 to 5:30pm
In addition to the scheduled classes there exists the option for use of the Cardiac Fitness Institute facilities
during alternative times. This is termed the Flex Exercise Program and is open to patients approved by the Medical
- Phase II Cardiac Rehabilitation as a Home Based Program of 6-8 weeks duration.
- Weight Strength Training Program.
- Exercise prescription and follow-up of regional cardiac patients who exercise in their own communities in a cardiac rehabilitation program or on their own.
- Orientation for new referrals.
- CFI physician assessment/modification of coronary risk factors.
- Dietician review of coronary heart disease risk factors as necessary.
- Psychologist assessment/intervention as necessary.
- Coronary heart disease education and video tapes for patient use.
- Referral to related health services within the London health community.
- Referral to regional health services for outreach patients.
- Referral to other cardiac rehabilitation programs.
- Cardiac Fitness Institute Newsletter: Quarterly.