Cardiac Fitness Institute
“Strengthening the Heart of Southwestern Ontario”
Advancing excellence in Cardiac Rehabilitation Services for People with Heart Disease.
- To provide a cost efficient, integrated hospital program of effective and caring services.
- To optimize quality of life, clinical outcomes and productivity through excellence in continuing care, education
Our Patient Care Goals:
- To maintain the individual as the primary focus of care.
- To reduce mortality and improve quality of life.
- To provide cardiac risk factor medical management.
- To maintain a cost efficient program.
- To reduce cardiac and non cardiac related health care costs.
Our Education Goals:
- To provide cardiac risk factor education and exercise programming.
- To provide associated health care education as required.
- To offer educational services to physicians, nurses, health care providers and agencies in all aspects of
cardiac rehabilitation programming and patient care.
- To facilitate staff continuing education.
Our Research Goals:
- To enhance the body of knowledge of cardiac rehabilitation in collaboration with the Lawson Health Research
Institute and the University of Western Ontario.
- To Participate in and facilitate research by associated bodies in the research communities.